Academic Advising FAQ’s

What programs does the Phoenix Advising Team Serve?

We serve both Undergraduate and Graduate Students in a variety of programs.


Department of Plant Pathology

  • Science and Society – Undergraduate Program
  • Science and Society Minor
  • Contemporary Leadership Minor
  • Career Discovery Group (Freshman Program)


Department of Entomology


Where do I refer students for questions about adding classes, major requirements, academic planning/problems?

Depending on their major they can email the major-specific email address (e.g. ABI is [email protected]), or they can email [email protected] to reach all three of us at one time. We always welcome walk-ins so they can come by Hutchison 150/152 for Undergrad and 160 for Graduate concerns.


What is the process for undergraduate students who want to complete internships/research in my lab for academic credit?

Students need to complete the “Request to Teach an Undergraduate Variable-Unit Course form and receive your signature. Once they have filled out the form and received your signature they can submit to the advising team. The form and CRN to register is posted on the bulletin board next to Jesa’s office in Hutchison 160 or in Briggs across from the business office.

Problems? Contact Brian Mendonca. Copyright © UC Regents, Davis campus. All rights reserved. Last Major Site Update: 6 July 2016